Follow us to the Cornish countryside for Port Eliot Festival, where we’ll be celebrating artistry in collaboration with a roster of talented designers and makers. Second up, our talented in-house visual artists. Attending this year? Find us in the Wardrobe Department.
Our favourite thing about festival season? Dressing up. It’s the chance to truly be free, let our imaginations wonder back to childhood play and to top it off, it’s where dressing becomes truly uninhibited.
Clashing every item of clothing from head to toe if the mood so takes you? Allowed. Statement headpiece? Oh, that’s a prerequisite.
We were deep into the hunt for that scene-stealing headpiece for Port Eliot when one of our visual artists suggested, ‘Why not a pompom headband?’ So here it is. Bye bye, floral crown.
What you’ll need:
- 1 x headband
- Coloured pompoms (different sizes)
- Craft glue
- Optional: netting
How it’s made:
- Start by laying out your pompoms by colour and size.
- Decide how you would like your headband to look – a row of pompoms? a side feature? a mishmash of sizes piled on top?
- Once you’re happy with your decision, begin by gluing your mesh netting (if applicable) to the underside of your headband. Leave to dry fully.
- Continue to embellish by gluing each pompom into place until you have a headpiece you can admire!