Rated 3 out of 5Â by mkfallon Boho No-go
1. Bohemian in spirit, this duvet cover is admittedly cheerful but it wasn't love for me in-person.
2. I ordered the "blue" version and the colors are true to the online photo. The front is multi-colored with aqua, mint, turquoise, light yellow, navy, white and different shades of grey in alternating horizontal bands. The back is a stripe & zig-zag pattern and has just two colors with navy and white.
3. This is a duvet cover (i.e. not a quilt) so it's quite thin. Thinner than other duvet covers I've had. It's listed as 100% cotton with machine-wash cold for the directions. I ordered a King and it felt true to size - appropriate for my bed with no excess fabric hanging down.
4. It took me several minutes (honestly) to find where the duvet insertion point would be. It's along one of the edges on the back (the navy/white side), but it's completely buried somehow in the pattern so a little difficult to easily find. I guess this could be both good or bad depending on if you like it to be accessible. The closure is white buttons every eight inches or so. I could feel with my hand ties on the inside corners to keep the duvet secure, but I didn't actually try them out.
5. It's pricey yes, but I think it's because the prints are hand-screened, which does make it a little more unique. Has a global feel and brightens up the room.
6. The main reason I didn't keep it though is because I personally didn't like the "patchwork" effect of many pieces sewn together. On the front, anywhere you see blue or turquoise, those are raw-edges strips of fabric sewn on top of the pattern underneath. Therefore they tend to roll and fold up at the edges, so it's not one super smooth piece if that makes sense. You can see this in the product shot detailed photos also. The duvet seems well-made/solid otherwise, but I didn't want anything that might have the potential to unravel or come apart in the wash, etc. later on so back it went.
February 21, 2014
200 thread count
Style #:30905376This hand screen-printed bedding is a top-of-the-bed work of art, featuring fields of alternating color and pattern.