Rated 5 out of 5
Â by teamoon the perfect belt
This is such an amazing item. I waited for a month of constant use to make the review and what I can say is:
1. The belt I received is exactly as shown on the product shot. And that is difficult for a hand made item.
2. Its very very well made, I was concerned about the beads and threads but no, all in place, perfectly attached. Good design translated to reality.
3. Excellent quality materials.
4. It tends to move out of place and untie a bit. Better if somebody else ties it for you.
5. I Can get 3 looks out if it: At waist you can do the obi with the middle lace and ribbon in the front at the waist or change the look of it by hiding the lace that goes across inside the waist or knot in the back. Or wear it loose at the hip (like the model shows). I got the Large with this in mind, I usually wear 6-8 for reference. I do not know if it actually made a difference to pick the large but it worked great for me.
It also makes my waist look tiny and its like wearing jewelry at the same time. I really love it. Really lovely special design. Well done Anthro!
June 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5Â by gnomelover pretty and big
I received this belt yesterday and I really like it. My favorite part of the belt is the vibrant pops of pink throughout. I also like the mirror detailing on the triangles. I tried the belt tied like the way it is seen here and I feel very much like a sumo wrestler with it tied that way. I like it best tied directly behind. But then there is an enormous amount of string dangling. So, I have to figure out how to wear this the "right" way. It is very reminiscent of another belt I own from Anthropologie's sister company. The pops of color and intricate beading in this belt are great. I wear an 8/10 and purchased the small. It is still very big, but workable for me. Unfortunately, I think petites will be sized out in this belt.
March 5, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5Â by Anthrosterical High price point, Guatemala ethnic style
I saw this on the website on the Caridad ruffle dress and thought it looked amazing. Ordered it and was more than a little disappointed with it. I was hoping for a more vintage Baroque/Byzantine look rather than an upscale Guatemala ethnic look to it. On closer inspection of the pictures, I probably should have known better, but still. I also think the price point is a little high for this belt.
The embroidery and the detail are nice,but at @ $70 plus shipping it is a no. Shipping was also delayed which is neither here not there in regard to what the belt looks like, but adds to the disappointment,
March 5, 2013