Rated 4 out of 5Â by ShoppingQueenNJ cute & unique
This top is adorable. Fit is TTS. I am 5'1", 34C, 107#, and my usual Small was perfect. Here are my observations.
1. Knit is not as substantial as it looks online. It is a bit thinner than what I expected, but not so thin that you need to wear something underneath.
2. Delicate - it seems like it has high snag potential. This is part of the reason why I knocked off 1 star for quality.
3. EXAMINE CAREFULLY!! There is actually a seam that runs down the center front of the top. Some of the ones I was sifting through while finding my size had a very obvious seam running down the front. Even the better ones had an obvious seam, but just not as noticeable. This is the other part of the reason why I knocked of 1 star for quality.
1. Very flattering and TTS.
2. It A-lines out just a bit, so it will be flattering on most figures. The top gives you shape without being too tight.
3. Runs a bit long. I am petite, and it came to my lower hip and mostly covered my tush.
Overall, it is absolutely adorable and has that unique detailing Anthro is known for. A good purchase as long as you examine it carefully and are careful with it.
August 7, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5Â by mtgardengirl good idea, poor follow-through
I bought this because I love the navy stripe and especially the knot in front. Such a clever design! But the sweater fabric is incredibly sheer! I can't imagine what the other reviewer meant about not having to wear something under. It was super see-through. And the seam down the front is awful. I tried it even though the other reviewers mentioned it, thinking I'd see for myself. Here's the problem: The seam was sewn with dark navy thread so the thread wouldn't show through at the navy stripe. Unfortunately, the navy thread shows through at the off-white stripes. You could go through and hand-sew the seams closed with off-white thread at each off-white stripe, but what a bother! I actually thought about doing that, and wearing something under the sweater because I honestly loved the knot that much. But the silhouette was the final straw. It's A-line and flares out right at the hips, making them seem wide . . . and I have a pretty small frame (108 lbs, 34-26-36). so three strikes, you're out and I'm sending the sweater back. I really wanted to love it. The knot was such a cute idea, and I really needed something like that in navy! Just not this one.
August 24, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5Â by DogLover fabulous!
This sweater is so flattering. it makes me look long, lean, and thin. I am not really b/c I am short, boxy, and broad shouldered. I can't wear most strapless dresses b/c of my broad shoulders and under arm wideness if you want call that? although I am not heavy set, my frame is odd for dresses of that style so this sweater is very slimming all over! Must buy at full price !!!
July 20, 2012