Rated 1 out of 5 by Flynn72007 Meh...
I ordered this online during the 30% off sweater sale and I am so disappointed. I tried in so many ways to love this in person as much as I loved it online but it was a total fail!
1) It is soooo heavy, it feels like you are wearing a weighted vest!
2) The weight of this sweater prevents it from moving with you...It just hangs and looks very stiff!
3) The weight of this sweater made me look 2-3 times bigger than I am, I don't need any help in that department!
4) The acrylic totally cheapens the look and makes the sweater scratchy and extremely itchy!
5) The wooden buttons are huge, comparable to ping pong balls, not a good look!
6) It runs large, this brand never runs large but if you decide to take a chance on this order down!
I am big supporter of this brand and ove it usually but something with this sweater is amiss! I wouldn't even buy this one on sale.
December 12, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by MaryinNY Funny looking buttons
I like the pattern, the bell sleeves, layered scallop edges and colour combinations of the sweater. It runs roomy, I am usually XS or S for Anthro sweater cardi's and ordered XS. A lot of Anthro sweater coats and cardi's run true to size with tight arms that limit the layering possbility. This cardi runs roomy with plenty of layering possbility, which I appreciate as I live in the NE part of the States. The yarns do not appear to pill easily. The buttons are the drawback that almost ruins the whole sweater. From the picture, I thought the buttons were soft pompons, instead, they are hard, large sphere wooden balls that standout, protrude like eyesores. I plan to replace all these big ball buttons with crochet yarn (or yarn covered flat) buttons for decoration purposes or just remove all the buttons and leave the placket as is. The large hidden snap buttons underneath the placket are sufficiently functional to keep the sweater "buttoned".
December 21, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by VondelPark Gorgeous sweater
I wanted this sweater the moment I saw it online, and when it arrived I loved it just as much! It looks exactly like it does in the pictures. It is heavyweight, so I'm going to have to find something interesting to wear underneath because it will likely be too warm to keep on all day long. The colors are gorgeous -- beautiful blue-ish gray. It seems to run a little big, and I'm considering swapping it for the next size down. My least favorite part is the huge buttons, but it doesn't detract enough to make me not like the sweater. Such a great find!
December 13, 2012