Rated 4 out of 5
┬áby mkfallon Ready for springtime!
1. I always love Matt Bernson shoes as I find them to be high-quality, good craftsmanship and usually unique.
2. Aesthetically, these are beautiful! They look true to the product shot. The black and white ikat-like pattern is a sturdy woven raffia and the black front/back is soft suede. The leather straps are shown as pale blue on my computer monitor -- Anthro describes them as "mint" and I'd say it's probably somewhere in-between i.e. a "minty blue", depending on what light you're looking at them in. The silver accents on the buckle and side are not overly shiny.
3. For sizing, I ordered my usual 8, which I found to be correct in the back. There's a little extra room in the front (i.e. my toes don't go all the way to the front as you'll see in the picture) but I think that's a personal preference thing and didn't bother me. Based on this, I would say they're TTS or you can order 1/2 size down (keeping in mind there are adjustable ankle straps so you can always customize and secure the fit as you prefer).
4. There's a cushiony footbed, which made it very comfortable to walk around in (doesn't feel like 4" inch heels at all). And most importantly, I found the wedges to be lightweight so they didn't feel too clunky when wearing them.
5. My only real gripe with this shoe is that it was a little hard to get in and out of! You'll see there are two straps at the ankle. The strap with the buckle is flexible and adjustable (and also has a magnetic back to keep it in place, which is great). The other strap underneath though is fixed in place, so I had to literally force/wriggle my foot in, which was a little awkward since there's not a lot of give. Same thing when I was trying to take them out. Required a little pulling effort rather than just a smooth glide. My feet are fairly normal width (if not on the narrow side) so I think some ladies might have difficulties trying to get these on and off with the way that the bottom strap is. Once on though, they were fine and the straps didn't dig in.
6. I'm on the fence. I love the look (and think the quality matches the price) but will have to put some more thought in if the inconvenience factor is worth it ... most likely, yes :)
April 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5┬áby RobinNJ Not worth it...
I will give these shoes an A+ for style design and a D- for design function. First, for,the positives, They are super cute and cushioned. A real statement piece.
But.... they are terrible to put on, as another reviewer cautioned. I had to hold onto the open strap and sideways wedge my foot in at an angle while pulling in hard order to get them on. AND the teal suede feels very cheap. Further, the teal suede arrived with water spot damage and was slightly dingy in spots. I can tell the pair hadnt been worn out... but if they stain that much from tryons, its not a good sign. Finally, the wedge base under the arch of the foot and heel narrows to a skinny under 1/2 inch. This makes them wobbly to walk on. That is totally unnecessary bc the shoe is already visibly bulky... i dont know why the designer made the wedge narrow & unstable, that accomplished NOTHING. Back to the store they go....
July 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5┬áby tennisgirl New Favorites!
I had these in my basket and before I knew it they were sold out, lucky for me the size 7 came back in stock. Just got them and they are adorable, comfy, and super cute. I usually wear a size 7 or 7 1/2, ordered the 7 and they fit perfectly. So excited to wear them with skinny jeans, shorts, skirts...the possibilities are endless.
May 24, 2013