Rated 2 out of 5
by ellenphant Anthro Prices, it's "sister" brand quality.
Anthro, if you're going to make a dress this color and charge over $150 for it, PLEASE at least make it lined. You can see every single bump, lump with your undergarments being the highlight of the show. I've attached a picture. When I opened the packaging, I was shocked of the weight of the fabric. I would expect this if I ordered the dress from the cheaper "little sister" store, NOT from Anthropologie. This dress should come with a free pair of Spanx.
Sizing is accurate. I'm 5'4'' and ordered the petite small (I am a size 2 normally, and probably could have done the XS as the small was slightly loose) and it hit me in length like the model. Definitely not worth the full price, I could consider revisiting on sale but even then I'd probably still pass.
October 10, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by dutchgirl Blah . . .
How disappointing. I love sweater dresses but this is not one of them. My main issues were: 1) It is not lined, and therefore, in this light color, see through. I was wearing nude undergarments and they were clearly visible. 2) For those sensitive to certain materials, this dress is very itchy. After less than a minute on, I couldn't wait to take it off. 3) The color is very bland and I felt that the shape of the dress looked very matronly. 4) It fits TTS, which is good, and it hit me in all the right places, which is also good, but despite that, the dress is very uninspiring to me anyway.
October 1, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by ShoppingQueenNJ Simple Sophistication for the perfect figure
As I am 5'1" I ordered petite.
1. Fit is TTS. It looks exactly how it does on the model. I took my usual Petite S.
2. The waist band came above the waist but on the model it looks like it falls closer to the natural waist. There is no way to wear a belt with this.
3. I found this to be low on the itch factor, and my skin is VERY sensitive.
4. Knit is not as subtantial as I was expecting, hence the lower rating for quality. It is very slightly see through, but I didn't find the need for a slip, nor was this a deal breaker for me.
5. Looks great if you have the perfect shape, but it shows every imperfection I want to hide.
6. I was concerned about the length in the petite, but it came 2" above the top of the knee cap, just like the model in the photo. If you're petite, I would go with the petite unless you want it longer in length.
7. Not a bad dress, but because of the thin knit, I would wait for this one to go on sale.
October 8, 2012