Rated 4 out of 5
Â by Arlette Good dress that runs small on top
The Tonnelle Dress feels like a comfortable and work appropriate dress for Springtime, Fall, and maybe even
Winter with a cardigan. The synthetic blend makes it soft and a bit stretchy, but it would be far too thick for summer wear. I would have loved this in a lighter cotton blend.
I'm happy to say that the pattern lines up very well on this dress. It is especially important with the black and white version because the graphics are so noticeable.
The pockets are sewn into the side seams and don't show.
Although I'm really tired of seeing exposed zippers, the way this one goes along the entire front gives the dress a point of interest. Too bad that the edges of the zipper stand out from the dress.
There are pleats in the front and back of the dress. On me, the back pleats made the dress stand out very stiffly, but that shouldn't be a problem for everyone.
Fit: Iâm 5â2â, 32.5-24-36 (32C or 30D bra), narrow shoulders and torso. The size 0 regular runs very small on top, even for Leifsdottir, so I suggest to size up even though it stretches. For reference, many size 0 regular dresses at Anthro are too big on top for me.
The waist line for the size 0 was at my natural waist, but I'm a bit long-waisted. I don't know if the petite size would have a waist higher than that.
The length of the size 0 ended a few inches above my knees. I would probably better fit the 2P or 4P for a shorter version, or a regular size 2 for work.
April 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by ShoppingQueenNJ soft & comfy
This dress is soft & comfortable.
1. I am 5'1", 34C and usually take a 4 or 6. Based on other reviews, I went with the 4. While I could zip it, the dress was too tight for comfort. I probably need a 6, so I would say it's TTS.
2. Not so obvious in the photos, but the deal breaker for me was the fact that the back is longer than the front - not by a lot, but enough to bother me. I would consider this dress if it went on sale.
3. Length, as another reviewer said, was good for me in Regular - it come to the top of my knee cap. I think the Petite would have been too short.
4. Dress stretches and the material is soft, so it's very comfortable.
5. The turquoise color is really deep. Gorgeous!
April 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by GooseStyle Amazing Dress
I bought this dress on sale in the store and have worn it twice already. For reference, I am 5'5" and 125 lbs and I bought the size 2, my usual size in Anthro clothes and it fits perfectly. Like the other reviewers, I find this dress incredibly comfortable and versatile. You can dress it up or down, I wore it to a concert and out to dinner. I think I may order the blue as well because it truly is an amazing dress. i did buy it on sale, so I don't think I would have paid full price for this dress simply because it is pretty casual. I also think the slight increased length of the back is a great addition. If you are on the fence about this dress, buy it! You will not be disappointed!
July 13, 2014