Rated 3 out of 5 by mkfallon Festive & flowy -- but 100% polyester (sigh)
1. I ordered this skirt thinking it would be cotton, as Anthro had erroneously written in the product description, but unfortunately it was 100% poly upon arrival. And not the soft, sometimes silky poly, but the rougher, heat-trapping, wrinkly, itchy, shiny kind. Ick, and so sad!
2. The skirt deign is lovely. Colors are true as shown - cobalt blue with sunny yellow, white, black and magenta embroidery and seed beading. Of note, when I opened the package, a handful of beads fell to the floor before I had even taken the skirt out, so not sure about how sturdy the stitching is. There is a little packet of extra beads though so you're fully covered with all the colors.
3. My usual size 4 was fine, so it's TTS and comfortable. The waistband is stretchy with a zipper and hook & eye closure, so it doesn't feel constricting. I was slightly worried about the mermaid-esque hem at the bottom, but the flare is quite subtle, and just adds a little kick. One of those beautiful skirts that just looks good on and makes you want to shimmy your hips :)
4. The length could be potentially awkward for some depending on your height - not quite long enough for a true maxi, not short enough for a midi skirt. On me, at 5'5" it came an inch above my ankle top so it was perfect for showing off sandals, but any more or less, it might not have been as ideal.
5. There is a (poly, of course) lining - it only goes down to the top of the knees, not all the way. The label says you can machine-wash by turning it inside out, but that seems risky to me with the aforementioned bead issue.
6. I wish .... this is a really beautiful summer skirt, especially with a simple white tee it just pops .... but $168 for a poly skirt - no way for me at full price. Though the design/look is pretty enough that I would definitely reconsider come sale time.
May 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Desertmom30 Beautiful but didn't fit
I love the bright colors of this skirt, and it is even more beautiful in person than in the picture. However, I ordered my usual petite large size and it was too tight. The skirt has a lining and there is no stretch, so either it fits or it doesn't. You may want to try this one on in the store.
June 4, 2014