Rated 2 out of 5┬áby Flynn72007 Wait for sale
I have to say I didn't have any luck on my latest trip to Anthro but I decided a while ago that I will no longer turn my head to the clothing they sell with major design flaws; especially at this price point. I tried on my normal size and one size up to fit my chest, both were ill fitting. The body of the blouse is huge but it fits tight across the shoulders and back. My chest is large but my back is a 34 and both sizes were tight across my shoulders. As I was trying it on I was examining the design/dots and both blouses had tears in them and the stitching was coming undone. One of the blouses even had holes in it (the size of the dots) but I'm not sure why or from what. I won't purchase this blouse even on sale, it is poorly constructed and not worth the money.
July 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5┬áby mkfallon Will make your skin glow!
1. This blouse is lovely in-person. The background is milky cream and the dots are pink / orange (highlighter hues) that don't seem too bright because of the neutral background. The model shot from the catalog is the most accurate to the coloring. It's also opaque so you don't have to worry about a cami or it being see-through.
2. There's a slight puff at the upper sleeve / shoulder, so that might be a preference thing if you like that type of style. Otherwise the blouse is cut fairly straight/wide. It seems a little longer than typical blouses and I'd say came an inch or two below my hip (at 5'5").
3. The blouse looked a little large on the hanger. For sizing, my regular Small (34F/27/37) seemed fine. So I'd say it runs TTS or veering on the larger side if you're in-between sizes.
4. A note to fellow large-chested ladies: there's a zipper in the back to get in and out of. It only comes a third of the way down, however, so this is one of those blouses that will require a little pull-on/pull-off effort to get it over the gals. Sizing up wouldn't help, it's the zipper placement, so just a word of caution. But once on, it feels fine and there's plenty of rooms in the arms, bust, etc.
5. A few of the blouses in-store had some small snags / uneven dot threads, so I can't comment on long-term durability, but overall didn't seem too unusually delicate. It's rayon but doesn't feel scratchy.
6. Love. I see why Anthro named it the "Lumine" blouse. It feels like of those special summer-time light-reflecting pieces that if you have a seasonal tan (or naturally darker skin), I think will only enhance it and make your skin look like it's lit from within :)
July 7, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5┬áby KatQO Inexplicable at its current price point
This top is adorable. It caught my eye from across the store, and I rushed to try it on. The way the fabric felt to my hand was a bit disconcerting, but I thought it might be too cute to disregard. I'm not a fabric snob, and rayon is fine as long as it's priced appropriately. I loved the colors of this top and the textured dots. It fit beautifully and the little puff on the shoulders was especially endearing. Despite the fact that it felt a little cheap, I thought, "Why not?" When I turned the price tag over, however, I was perplexed. I'm not someone who only or primarily shops the sales racks. My size tends to sell out quickly in my area, so if I love something I'll grab it at full-price rather than risk missing out on it altogether. In this case, however, the quality was just not up to snuff. The fabric is and feels cheap. The construction is okay but not great. It feels flimsy to the touch. From a modest distance, this looks great, but up close it does look and feel synthetic. I just couldn't justify the cost. Maybe on sale. This, sadly, ended up being a pass.
July 31, 2013