Rated 5 out of 5┬áby CurlygirlinCA Beautiful pink coat for casual & dressy occasions
When I got my new Anthropologie catalogue last week, and saw the coat, I knew it was for me! Pink looks really good for my skin color, and I have been searching for the right one. This coat can be worn with jeans (like in the photo), but it can easily be worn with a holiday dress as well. The texture of mohair gives the coat an added wow factor. I really like that it's simple (not embellished at all)), but very chic.
November 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5┬áby vintageflea Fantastic Coat!
I loved this coat the minute I saw it on-line then in the catalog. It is a fabulous deep pink/coral color. It is well made and seems like it will be warm. The lining is cozy and the pocket lining is velvety plush. It is a retro style coat with an on-trend look for now. Although is is listed as a swing coat, it is not as swingy as the light blue one by elevenses. It is more of an overcoat. I would say it runs true to size .If you are petite I would advise getting petite as I am 5 ft 2 in and small framed, and I wear a 0./ 0 petite. I wondered if the sleeves would be too short in the petite but I purchased the 0P anyway and the sleeves are perfect. I am definitely happy about this purchase.
November 8, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5┬áby BWeaves Not warm
1. I'm 5'5" tall, 138 lbs, and 38-31-40 and the size 12 fit me correctly in the bust, but was very big everywhere else. I know it's supposed to be a swing coat, but it was big across the top of the back where it should have been more fitted, and the arms were way too long, and I have very long arms.
2. The seams at the drop shoulder were very lumpy and looked like I was wearing a grown man's jacket that didn't fit. The seams in the only line photo are very smooth, which was what I was expecting.
3. The fabric is brushed mohair, but it was already pilling from being folded in the bag. I've had brushed mohair before which didn't do this, so I thought it was odd.
4. The lining has L's, and my last name begins with L, so I thought the lining was cute.
5. The pocket lining is stretchy velvet. It feels nice, but the spandex is just weird feeling for a pocket lining. They are nice deep pockets.
6. The neckline is a very deep V, so that's not going to keep me warm. Also, despite the cozy fabric, this coat did not keep me warm at all. I have cropped tweed jackets that are warmer than this coat. Granted, I live in Florida, but when it gets cold here, you really feel it, because of the humidity. I wanted a warm winter coat, and this is not it.
November 15, 2013