Rated 4 out of 5┬áby ShoppingQueenNJ Cute with a few minor issues
I am 5'1", 34C, 107# and ordered both a S & M [I typically wear a 4 or 6 in dresses].
1. I found the fit to be TTS. The small was much better. It came to the top of my knee cap, and the bodice was fitted without being too tight. The M was too loose on top and came to the bottom of my knee cap [too long IMO].
2. It is very soft & comfortable - not sure if that's a good thing or not because it sort of reminds me of lingerie or loungewear rather than something to wear in the outside world [hence I knocked off a star for quality].
3. You can make this work-appropriate by throwing a cardigan over it to hide the sheer top and decrease the amount of lace showing.
4. Color isn't really yellow. It's almost like a honey or golden khaki color - darker than how it appeared on my computer screen. It will work well if you look good in earth tones.
5. Fabric drapes nicely without showing any flaws you may want to hide.
6. Comes with a full length slip.
I have a few minor issues with the dress:
1. Both the skirt & slip are raw-edged, so I'm not sure how long that will last before unraveling.
2. The slip is sewn in, but only at the waist. The straps are not sewn in at the shoulder, making it a bit more difficult to put on.
3. Dress is put on by pulling over your head. There is no zipper or buttons. Waist band does not stretch, making it a little difficult to put on. You must be careful or you may end up ripping the stitching.
4. Dry clean only.
Overall I still think it's a very nice dress and am opting to keep it.
April 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5┬áby ssny Comfy and cute, runs small
I really like this dress. The fabric for the slip part underneath feels like a high-quality jersey, but the lace top is tight -- I had to size up once (probably could size up twice but didn't want it to be too baggy). The top part DOES NOT stretch so be careful. It's really comfortable and a pale yellow (not bright hue of yellow though). I'm going to wear it to a wedding.
April 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5┬áby DPemberton Runs Small
I love this dress. The color washes me out a bit (I'm blonde and very pale, similar to the model), but I think with some bright red lipstick, it'll work. However, keep in mind that the dress runs very small. I tried an XS, and the bodice as well as the arm holes were way too tight. (I'm petite, 5'3", 120 lbs. I typically take a 2 or a 0 in dresses.)
The lace part doesn't stretch at all, so there's no room for give. I own two other Bailey 44 dresses, both in XS, and they fit fine. So size up with this one.
The dress is very flattering and feels very high quality. I think it will be perfect for work with a blazer.
March 29, 2013