Rated 5 out of 5┬áby WhimseyK Fab Dress
Love this dress! At first I wasn't sure if I would like the box pleats but the fit is VERY flattering. The dress definitely runs big as I had to size down. The only downside? The zipper...it is a bit sticky, but I think that is because the brocade fabric is so heavy. Very excited to dress this up for holiday events or down for everyday!
November 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5┬áby jlt10 Very flattering, runs large
I NEVER wear a 2 but in this dress I definitely needed to size down from a 4. I am curvy and petite and this dress definitely enhanced my figure. The shape is incredibly flattering for those who want to hide hips/lower tummy but enhance the waist. I am 5'3" and tried on the regular length (not the petite) and it was a great length on me - well above the knee but not too short. The only negative I have about the dress is that, due to the thickness of the fabric, the zipper tends to get stuck. That was the case on all three I tried on but none of the zippers were actually broken, they just require a little finesse. This is a perfect neckline for a statement necklace and tights. I can't wait to wear it to our christmas party!
November 15, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5┬áby ShoppingQueenNJ NIce, but.......
I am 5'1" and found the fit to be off on this one.
1. Dress is a true red.
2. Agree with others that this is short. If you are petite, size up to the regular.
3. I usually wear a 4 or 6, and the 6 fit in the waist but was too big on top [I am 34C, 107#].
4. There is a BIG difference between petite & regular in the width and overall size of the dress, not just the length. If you go for petite, you would need to size up by at least 1 from whatever you tried on in regular.
5. Love the fact that this is washable.
6. Fabric is thick and substantial; it's fully lined in black.
7. Agree with other reviewers that the zipper is horrible. I was imprisoned in this dress for quite a while before I could unzip it.
January 1, 2013