Rated 4 out of 5┬áby ShoppingQueenNJ Unique, easy to wear, & washable!
I found this in my local store and tried it on immediately.
1. Fit is TTS. I took my usual size 6 (I am 5'1", 34C, 107##.
2. I am average build, not particularly narrow in the shoulders, and found that this dress covers more of my shoulders than it does on the model in the online photo. This makes the cutouts a bit wide #hard to hide bra straps - recommend a bra with wide set straps for this). On the upside, it does have the loop & snap under the top of the dress to hold the bra straps in place.
3. Also, the part of the dress on top of the cutout in the back doesn't lie flat on me, either. This dress may work better if your shoulders are a bit broader. It is for this reason that I knocked off a star for aesthetics.
4. It came right to my knees.
5. Dress comes to a slight A-line, so it flares out just enough to make it comforrtable to walk in. There is no slit in the back of the dress.
6. Hides any bumps you may not want showing.
7. Dress is a substantial weight and is fully lined in powder pink.
8. I am disappointed the top part of the dress just doesn't fit me right. If you have the right build for this dress, I highly recommend.
September 17, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5┬áby LondonPeach Finally a LBD for pear shapes
It seems like all the cute LBDs are made in a shift style that is not flattering to pear-shapes. I thought this might be the same, but the cut-outs were so cute I had to try it on. And I'm glad I did. This is a very flattering dress. The dress comes in slightly in the middle wit stops it from being a full on shift dress and makes it very flattering for those with hips. The outer fabric and lining are of very high quality. So this is also probably the best value for money I've seen in Anthropologie for a long time.
October 15, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5┬áby RennieJane Neat Dress
I think this dress is pretty great, but it was really unflattering on me. I'm not surprised, because I am pear shaped, and don't usually look good in shift dresses. The top fit great and I thought the cutout detail was perfect, but the bottom pulled across my butt and hips. I wish this dress had fit me, or that the top was on a fit and flare style dress, because I would have come home with it.
The material was substantial and hid any lumps.
October 8, 2012